PETRON CORPORATION and its subsidiaries (“PETRON,” “We,” “Us” or “Our”) respect your privacy and will keep secure and confidential all personal and sensitive information that you may provide to PETRON, and/or those that PETRON may collect from you.
For the purpose of this Privacy Statement (this “Statement”):
“Processing” refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon your Personal Data including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction.
“Personal Data” means any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, (a) from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the person holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify me, (b) about my race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, gender, health, education and religious and/or political affiliations, (c) issued by government agencies peculiar to me which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers and licenses; and (d) any information that the governmental authority declared as personal information or sensitive personal information.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand how We treat your Personal Data and the standards We observe in Processing and disclosing said Personal Data.
By joining the Petron x Avengers Online Photo Contest (the “Program”) and using the systems or applications therefor (the “Application”), you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understood and hereby agree to terms of this Statement.
Personal Data We Collect and Process
The Application We use for the Program will ask you to provide the following Personal Data to identify you:
- Full Name
- E-mail address
- Contact number
You understand that your participation in the Program and use of the Application is conditioned upon your giving accurate information and Personal Data. Any additional personal information or sensitive personal information that We may subsequently request in connection with the Program or you disclose to Us through the Application, shall be treated as Personal Data.
When you navigate through and interact through the Application, depending on your settings or on the program, We may use automatic data collection technologies (e.g., cookies, web beacons, small data text files or similar technologies) to obtain certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as:
- Details of your visits to the Application (e.g., traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Application).
- Information about your computer/device and internet connection, as well as IP address, operating system, and browser type (collectively, “Collected Data”).
The Collected Data are mostly statistical data but may include other Personal Data, and We may maintain or associate them with the Personal Data that We ask you to provide to PETRON in connection with your Concerns.
Processing and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
By joining the Program and using the Applications, you:
- Grant free, voluntary and unconditional consent to the Processing of your Personal Data which I provided to or was gathered by Petron in relation to my participation to the Program. You acknowledge that your Personal Data may be Processed through our contractors or third party service providers.
- 2. Unconditionally agree that your Personal Data may be Processed by PETRON and be disclosed and shared to third parties for any of the following purposes:
- to exercise and perform Our rights and obligations under the Program
- in relation to any of Our marketing, advertising and/or trade efforts including promotion of Our products and programs and review and development of Our other programs
- to conduct, or for the review of, Our operational and administrative procedures including system development and planning, risk management, and audit
- to enforce or defend Our and Our employees’, officers’ and directors’ rights, property or safety
- to conduct investigations of breaches of internal policies, laws and regulations, enforce appropriate sanctions and pursue legal actions if necessary
- to comply with orders of courts, government agencies, regulatory bodies, exchanges and with applicable laws and regulations
- to any other legitimate purposes analogous to above or relating thereto.
- In relation to the Program, agree to the publication of your Personal Data, including your image or photograph and works, in such manner or channels and for such period We may deem appropriate.
- Agree to the sharing or disclosure your Personal Data to our subsidiaries, affiliates or associated companies (the “Affiliates) for our Affiliates’ legitimate business purposes.
Retention of Personal Data and Collected Data
PETRON and/or its duly authorized third party shall retain the Personal Data and Collected Data for a maximum period of five (5) years counted from the date you provide it to PETRON, or when they were collected, respectively.
After such period, We may Process your Personal Data only for historical and statistical purposes.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data and Collected Data
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify, or when combined with other information, does not directly and certainly identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose and share the Personal Data and Collected Data, subject to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, on a need to know basis, and in all cases only for legitimate business purposes, as follows:
Participants Must Be of Age
The Program is open only to individuals at least 18 years of age. PETRON does not knowingly collect Personal Data from minors. If you are a minor, please do not use or provide any information on the Application about yourself.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You are entitled to certain rights in relation to the Personal Data collected from you, including the right to access and correct your Personal Data being processed, object to the processing, and to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission in case of violation of your rights as data subject.
You may send Us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to correct any Personal Data that you have provided to us. However, We may not accommodate a request to correct Personal Data if We believe the same would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Personal Data to be incorrect.
Withdrawal of Your Consent to Process Your Personal Data
You may withdraw your consent to the Processing of your Personal Data by sending Us an email through firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you acknowledge that your participation in the Program is conditioned upon your consent on allowing Us to Process and share and disclose your Personal Data as provided in this Statement. Accordingly, you acknowledge that the withdrawal of your consent to this Statement shall be deemed as your ineligibility to join the Program and shall cause the forfeiture of any your rights or claims pursuant to the Program. Should any prize or benefit been awarded or given to you pursuant to the Program prior to the withdrawal of you consent, you undertake to return the prize or benefit, or monetary equivalent thereof as reasonably determined by PETRON if it can no longer be returned, within five (5) days from my receipt of the written demand from Us.
Security of your Personal Data and the Collected Data
We have implemented technical, organizational, and physical measures designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your Personal Data and Collected Data and secure such Data from destruction, unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, fraudulent misuse and/or any other unlawful processing, as well as other natural and human dangers.
Should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this Statement, PETRON’s use of your Personal Data and the Collected Data, or your rights in relation thereto under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, please do not hesitate to contact the PETRON Data Protection Officer at the following: email@example.com and (+632) 884-9200.